Sunday, June 17, 2018

We've been busy in the shop 06/18

I've been trying to get the hang of doing hamons.  I think I'm finally getting some where.   I have another half dozen blades the are awaiting a trip the acid bath.
Some recently completed damascus blades

Blades that are in various states of doneness
Playing around with some old farriers rasps

Rasp knife with paracord handle

Successful chop test. I could still shave the hair on my arm when I finished chopping.
Sashimi Blade MK I no mod

A little survival knife that fits in a BDU cargo pocket.  It's for my own use and I needed more practice doing hamons

The new anvil stand. I was tired of moving the big stump when I had to go to demos. I liked it so much I just ditched the stump.  It's just as stable as the stump, but way easier to move around the shop.
A pic of the aptly named Boulder Lake on memorial day.  The lake is hard on the bottom of canoes if the bow person is not doing their job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment