Tuesday, May 7, 2019

A late start to my season in the northland

I've had to journey to the land of dust and wind and wind and dust to help out around my families homestead.  Dad had fractured some vertebrae and was waiting to get in for surgery.  While that was going on I needed to feed critters and do late winter/spring chores because of the restrictions put on him by the doctors.  Usually this in the time of year I get ready for my spring shows.   
There aren't many trees in KS
 and trees like this will make you happy about that

Dogs and horses and a mule oh my!

Getting ready to bush hog the pasture.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for uses for those honeylocust spines-- some have been transplanted to this area. I guess they'd make decent caltrops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sven, it is tough to be cramped getting ready for a show but you are doing a good thing. Hug your dad as many times as you can get away with now. Once they are gone it is so final. One of the things that carry me is I hugged both my parents a bunch before they passed(them being non-huggers-they freaked a bit then got so they liked it) and I am so glad I did. I was lucky to know them. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete