Sunday, June 19, 2016

Still alive but there is a lot of non-shop drama happening.

I have a new bench shear that is in need of a little TLC and that should make cutting bar stock less of a work out.

I think there was a hundred years worth of  gunk stuck in all the nooks and crannies. I needed to touch up the blades and I might make a new set in the future.  It's so heavy that I needed to dismantle it to move it to the work bench.  It is missing the proper sized screws to hold the blade in place and those arrived yesterday but I haven't tried them out yet. It's bloody hot here right now, the special heat where the humidity is the same as the temp where you sweat with out moving.  It's supposed to be better tomorrow.
The next big decision is where to put the beast when not in use.  I'm thinking a wheeled cart might be the answer.   A bigger shop would be the best answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment